EXSC 139 - Jogging
- Discuss your options and their implications when deciding where, when, and with whom you run.
- Identify the safety considerations when running and understand how they apply to you when you are running..
- Explain how running equipment needs vary depending on the environment and the requirements of each individual runner.
Where to Run
When to Run
Safety Considerations When Running
Running in Hot or Humid Conditions
- Heat Cramps
- Heat Exhaustion
- Heat Stroke
Running in Cold or Windy Conditions
- Staying Dry
What You Need to Know about Running and Dogs
Getting Equipped to Run
- Clothing for Warm Weather
- Accessories for Cold Weather Running
- How to Get a Good Fit when Buying a Running Shoe
- Anatomy of a Running Shoe
- Supination (under pronation)