To be considered for an EXSC Department Scholarship, you must apply for a university scholarship and a college scholarship. Links to these two applications can be found at the Life Sciences Scholarships page. You must also complete and submit the Undergraduate Student Scholarship Application 2024.
Applicants must be a declared undergraduate EXSC major at BYU to apply.
Minimum Requirements for all Scholarships:
- Students may receive up to eight scholarships.
- Must be a continuing student at Brigham Young University in good standing.
- Applicants may also apply for other scholarships, but EXSC Department Scholarships are not awarded when students accept other scholarships for the same semester.
Requirements for Available Scholarships:
Charles J. Hart Memorial Scholarship
- Maintain a minimum of 12-credit hours in each semester supported by the scholarship.
- Completed at least 60 credit hours but not more than 140 credit hours.
Douglas C. and Joy W. Heiner Scholarship
- Maintain a minimum of 15-credit hours in each semester supported by the scholarship and a GPA of 3.5.
- Only those with an interest in pursuing an M.D. will be considered.
- Completed 45 university credit hours, but not more than 140 credit hours.
A. Garth and Geraldine R. Fisher Scholarship
- Maintain a GPA of at least 3.0.
**All Exercise Sciences Scholarships pay half tuition for either Fall or Winter semester of one academic year