Clients must complete the payment before their second appointment (bod pod and fitness testing appointment). The link to complete the payment can be found in your confirmation email or can be accessed here.
The Y Be Fit Program consists of three initial appointments (introduction, assessments, results) and ten follow-up appointments including a final assessment. The full program is described in detail below, but in summary, the program includes the following:
- 2 Bod Pod assessments ($50 value)
- Blood Lipid Profile ($40 value)
- Nutrition Analysis
- 2 Submaximal Treadmill Tests ($30 value)
- Strength, Back Health, Flexibility Tests
- Health Risk Appraisal
- 10 Follow-up Appointments
Attendance Policy: Y Be Fit requires participants to give 24 hour notice prior to the schedule appointment for cancellation. If the participant does not comply with this policy, the appointment will be forfeited. Three missed appointments will result in program termination. The total program is intended to be completed in less than 4 months. Participants may extend this period only in the case of extended travel. One to two telephone follow-up visits are permitted when scheduled in advance. Participants are responsible for the scheduling of regular appointments.
The first appointment is a 20-30 minute appointment where a Y Be Fit health coach will meet with you to discuss the program and complete the necessary paperwork to begin the program. They will also prepare you for the assessments that will take place before and during the second appointment. Finally, they will take your blood pressure. Wearing a short sleeve shirt to this appointment helps in collecting the blood pressure measurement (but is not required). The assessments completed after the first appointment and before the assessments appointment include the blood lipid test, nutrition analysis, and health risk appraisal. Be prepared to pay at the end of the first appointment. We accept any form of payment.
About a week after your first appointment, you will come in to complete several assessments. Before the appointment can take place, you should have completed the following:
- Food Intake Diary (Nutrition Analysis)
- Blood lipid test (performed at the BYU Student Health Center)
- Health Risk Appraisal Questionnaire
- 3 hour fast from food and exercise immediately before the appointment (water is OK)
- Bring clothes suitable for the fitness testing (usually workout clothes)
- Bring spandex shorts (men) or a one-piece swimsuit (women) to wear during the bod pod test (Y Be Fit can provide this clothing if needed)
During your testing appointment, a Y Be Fit health coach will perform the following assessments:
- Body Composition (Bod Pod) which measures body fat and lean tissue percentage.
- Submaximal Treadmill Test which measures cardio-respiratory fitness (VO2 Max)
- Muscular strength and endurance, flexibility, and back health tests
After completing the assessments, the health coach will schedule you for your remaining appointments. You and your health coach will review your testing results during your subsequent appointment. This appointment usually lasts 45 minutes to an hour.
About a week after the assessment appointment, a health coach will meet with you to discuss the results of your assessments. The results are available on your Y Be Fit portal page. The health coach will help you interpret the results thoroughly and work with you on establishing goals for the duration of the program. The results discussed include:
- Blood lipid test results
- Health Risk Appraisal Questionnaire
- Sub-maximal treadmill test, strength test, and flexibility test results
- Food prodigy report breakdown
This appointment lasts 60 minutes and you need no special preparation beforehand.
The follow-up appointments begin after the results appointment and typically occur every week. This is helpful for those who want counseling and accountability in accomplishing their health and fitness goals. Depending on your desired outcomes, you can use the follow-up visits for learning more about specific health topics and/or setting and following-up on goals. To get the most out of your visits, come prepared to ask questions and discuss your goals. A few common health topics discussed during follow-ups include:
- Cardio exercise
- Strength training
- Weight management
- Basic nutrition
- Food labels and serving sizes
- Tips on cooking light
- Intuitive eating
- Chronic diseases
- Blood pressure
- Specialized training (marathon, triathlon, etc.)
Each follow-up visit lasts 30 minutes.
Final Testing Appointment
Your final assessment usually takes place on your second to last appointment. It is exactly the same as the second (assessment) appointment. However, if you would like an additional blood lipid test or nutritional analysis, they are an additional cost. The final assessment allows you to see the progress you have made throughout the course of the Y Be Fit program. Refer to the information above in the "testing appointment" section to see what you need to prepare for the final assessment.