***Due to Covid, we are currently only able to serve BYU affiliates (faculty/staff, students, and alumni). If you do not fall under this category and would still like a Bod Pod assessment, we recommend TTK Bod Squad in Lehi, The U of U, or the Live Well Center in SLC. Sorry for the inconvenience, we hope to be running at full capacity soon!***
Bod Pod Facts:
- The Bod Pod is a research grade tool for measuring body composition (body fat percentage).
- $25 per person.
- 30 minute appointment (total of 3 minutes inside the Bod Pod).
- Call 801-422-4494 to set up an appointment.
It is the client's responsibility to ensure they are following all of the specified Bod Pod protocol:
- Fast from food for 3 hours prior to appointment (water is okay).
- No exercise for 3 hours prior to appointment. During the actual test, clients must wear only compression shorts (men), or Speedo style swimming suit (women). Y Be Fit can supply these if you do not have your own.
- Remove all metal, jewelry, and additional clothing (a swim cap will be provided to be worn during the test along with a robe to cover up).
Y Be Fit calibrates the Bod Pod each morning and in between each client test. Since body volume can be difficult to measure precisely, each Y Be Fit client is measured twice in the Bod Pod and then the average body fat percentage of the two tests is determined.
Bod Pod has similar accuracy with underwater weighing. The two methods usually agree within 1% body fat for adults and children. Research studies have demonstrated an average test-retest variation of plus or minus 2% body fat for the Bod Pod.
No refunds will be given after the Bod Pod test has been completed.
Attendance Policy: Y Be Fit requires participants to give 24 hour notice prior to the schedule appointment for cancellation. If the participant does not comply with this policy, the appointment will be forfeited. Three missed appointments will result in program termination. The total program is intended to be completed in less than 4 months. Participants may extend this period only in the case of extended travel. One to two telephone follow-up visits are permitted when scheduled in advance. Participants are responsible for the scheduling of regular appointments.
Y Be Fit offers a 14 week program which includes pre and post Bod Pod tests in addition to other fitness assessments and weekly health coaching sessions.